Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

An apple a day

Earlier in the week we put on a morning tea as a small thank you for the teachers at school. My scones were the first thing too go - but really scones, jam and cream? Of course they would be!

My favorites (also popular - although really, these teachers would eat ANYTHING!) were my mini cupcakes!! I made two types: plain with a strawberry-flavoured buttercream icing and mini apples.

Strawberry icing!


Mini apples. These are so ridiculously easy to make! The cupcakes were iced and then rolled in a bowl of red sprinkles. The stems are simply tiny wedges of chocolate cut from chocolate buttons and the leaves were a lucky find in cake store. I had planned on using mint leaf lollies but these worked out much nicer. Adorable, right?


The apples actually looked so much better than the one pictured. Sadly I forgot to take a photo before they were all devoured. I didn't want to forget my hard work so I made a cheat apple just for these photos. I put some hot water on the strawberry iced cupcake to soften the icing and then covered it in red sprinkles. It looks like a mini disaster with the melted icing and other sprinkles underneath, but it also reminds me of the actual pretty cupcakes. I bought extra leaves so i'll have to think of another occasion to make teeny tiny apples now!


An apple a day keeps.... who away? The teacher or the students? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment